IPLF is responsible for providing best-in-class information-based; Intellectual Property, Commercial Law, Corporate Law, Legal and Regulatory Compliance Services (“Service”) through this requisite platform, and thereby, we are committed to maintaining the privacy of the users whereby appropriate measures have been taken to ensure that user’s credentials are not misused, accidentally destroyed or lost within the environment of the Platform. Though care has been taken in the production of information on this Platform, we will not be responsible and shall not accept any liability for loss incurred in any way whatsoever, by anyone who may seek to depend on the information contained herein.
- This policy does not apply to the activities of organizations not owned or controlled by us, or to people who are not employed or managed by us
- Log files – IPLF follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files contain log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and it is a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes: Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, Number of clicks, possibly
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We collect non-personally-identifying information that your browser makes available whenever you visit the Website. This information includes without limitation your IP Address, Domain Servers, hardware specs, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, inter-alia
- Personally Identifiable Information: In order for you to use our Platform and Services, we might require you to input on our Platform certain personal information which may include without limitation your location, name, address, contact details, professional details, payment details, in certain cases, your Personal Account Number and other personal information that may be required for the use of the Platform from time to time. If you communicate with us by, for example, e-mail or letter, any information provided in such communication may also be collected by us.
- Location Data: We receive information from you that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use an address submitted by you while setting up your profile, IP Address, domain servers, or hardware MAC address received from your browser or device to determine your approximate location and other information with respect to your device, interaction of your device with the Platform (“Traffic Data”). We may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Data received through Contact Us Page: Contact Us Page of IPLF allows users/visitors to post their queries which may pertain to a legal problem/issue that is the concern of clients and hence kept confidential. Along with such queries, they may also submit their contact details such as Name, Phone Number, and Email Address, among other details, all of which are stored in the database that is coupled with the backend of the website. It is made clear that we use this data only and solely to get in touch with the user and understand the concerns they are facing and help in advising on the same. We, therefore, do not collect any received data for any other purpose than to get in touch with the user and advising on their issues based on service terms of IPLF, and as a result, the received data is not shared with any third party unless the respective user/data principal explicitly asks us to share such data or if required by law.
3. USE OF INFORMATION
- Any information collected by us may be used for effective communication with you and to provide you with the information as requested by you which helps support effectual service requests and support needs.
- The email address as provided by you may be used to send in information and updates pertaining to any information or updates with regard to our services.
- To improve our Platform: We continually strive to improve our Platform offerings and develop new Service offerings for the Platform, this enhancement is based on the information and feedback we receive from you, and further, we may use the information for further development of growth and business strategies and data collection.
- To monitor and analyze the use of the Service/Platform: This is done to ensure the smooth running of the Services technical administration and to increase the Service functionality and user-friendliness and to provide you with a reliable environment.
- Dispute Resolution: We may also need to process Personal Data about you to meet our internal administration requirements and for matters such as dispute resolution.
4. WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
- We do not transfer your personally identifiable information to outside third parties, unless, such transfer is essential to the usage of services by you on the Platform.
- We may use and disclose to third parties, the information we collect in aggregated, non-personally identifiable form for research and informational purposes and help us make sales, marketing, and business decisions for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- We may share Personal Data with third parties (which will also be acting as controllers in respect of that Personal Data) with whom we are under a legal duty to do so or if it is required to enforce or apply our contracts or to protect the operation of our website, or the rights, property or safety of us or others.
5. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
6. NO ERROR-FREE PERFORMANCE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- We do not warrant that this Platform, its servers, or email sent by us or on our behalf are virus and malware-free. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Platform, including, but not limited to compensatory, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special and consequential damages, loss of data, goodwill, business opportunity, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
- We make no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents available through the Platform and expressly disclaim liability for errors and omissions in the contents available through the Platform.
- No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents available through the Platform or its links to other internet resources as may be available to you through the Platform.
- Reference in the Platform to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public and does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via the Internet; any such transmission is at your own risk.
9. MINORS’ ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
- Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
- We do not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
10. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
11. YOUR CONSENT
- A ‘Cookie’ is basically a portion of the information stored by a web server on a web browser which will help in tracking back the information from that browser at any point in the future. Cookies assist the browser in remembering information that is specific to a given user, which includes a User’s login details, password, etc.
- By this policy, the User agrees and consents that this website places both permanent and temporary cookies in the User’s computer’s hard drive and web browser. The user agrees to the cookie while entering into browsing of that website and that such acceptance helps in analyzing page flow, develops safety and trust, and many other such features. While the user has to accept cookies in most of the website pages, however, if the browser permits, the user can choose to decline or reject the cookies. However, in such a case the user shall be barred from certain features while using the website.
- Additionally, the User is aware that they might encounter ‘cookies’ on other like devices on a few pages of the website that are positioned by third parties or any affiliates of the Company/Website.
- The User expressly agrees and acknowledges that the Company/Website does not control the use of such cookies/other devices by third parties, that the Company/Website is in no way responsible for the same, and that the User assumes any and all risks in this regard.
13. BE VIGILANT AND CIRCUMSPECT
Even the best policy can’t protect your online privacy and security in all circumstances. Unscrupulous advertisers, hackers, and scam artists are constantly searching the Internet looking for new targets. Your best protection is to understand the limits to privacy on the Internet and be vigilant in all of your online activities.
Beware of scams in which persons unknown to you request your screen name, password, or credit card information. Make sure you verify the identity of anyone asking for personal information. Always monitor your children’s online activities and educate them as to the rules for safe Internet use. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us with further questions.
14. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
15. CONTACT US